1. KNOW ABOUT PREVENTIVE DENTAL CARE
Oral cavity is very important part of our body functionally as well as aesthetically. It is the main source to provide required nutrition to different part of our body. It also enhances the appearance of our face. Mouth is the mirror of our body hence we must maintain a good oral hygiene. Poor oral hygiene not only leads to oral and dental problems but it also plays a significant role in causing systemic diseases. Our food habits, structure of teeth and oral bacteria which is already present in inactive form in our body collectively becomes very harmful for our oral cavity which should be properly cleaned regularly.
- Improper and irregular brushing
- No flossing
- Smoking and use of tobacco and its products.
- Avoid rinsing after meals and sweets
- Avoid visiting your dentist.
This leads to formation of plaque on the tooth surface which eventually replaced by calculus.
It is a sticky, yellow grayish substance that adheres tenaciously to intraoral hard surfaces. Bacteria live in plaque and secretes acids that cause tooth decay and irritate the gum tissue.
Calculus are hard deposits that form after mineralization of dental plaque and is generally cavered with a layer of plaque.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS :-
- Bleeding gums
- Foul smelling (Bad breath)
- Receding gums
- Dental caries.
- Properly brush your teeth twice daily.
- Use dental floss
- Rinse your mouth throughly after every meals and snacks.
- Use mouth wash as per the instruction of your dentist.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Dr. Anurag Sharma
(Dr. Teeth Dental Care, Orderly Market, Varanasi)